CODE OF CONDUCT
IEC is intent on creating quality events within safe and respectful environments for all attendees to share knowledge, express their thoughts and opinions and network. Our code of conduct requires all attendees and stakeholders to act in a manner that is harassment-free and respectful of people in a public environment, be it gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race or religion.
The code of conduct requires that speakers’ presentations and content offered in the various formats within our events is respectful and devoid of content/images of a sexual or discriminatory nature.
The code of conduct also extends to:
- inappropriate approaches of a sexual nature and aggressive behaviour
- offensive comments, questions or posts made on event engagement technology, twitter and other online media platforms
- It is our expectation that attendees will act in a responsible manner in regard to alcohol consumption.
Any attendee that is deemed to be violating the code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from our event without refund, at the discretion of the organisers.
If you have any concerns about conduct at Downstream please contact staff at the registration desk.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Early Bird and Super Saver prices will only be applied if payment is received, in full, no later than 5pm on the date specified. You will be re-invoiced should your payment not be received by this date.
We reserve the right to cancel any conference 20 days from the event start date. If you are travelling to the event, we recommend that you do not make travel or accommodation bookings prior to this or, make flexible bookings that will not incur a cancellation fee.
Delegates are responsible for their own travel/accommodation bookings and no compensation will be made should the event be rescheduled or cancelled.
If you are unable to attend you have several options:
- Send a substitute delegate in your place at no charge
- Confirm your cancellation in writing (email or letter) at least 30 days prior to the event to be considered for a refund (minus a $300+GST service charge per registrant). Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date.
IEC Ltd reserves the right to make amendments deemed to be in the best interest of the conference.
Agenda is correct at time of printing, please check online for any updates.
Due to the uncertainty around government regulations on mass gatherings in response to Covid-19 at any particular time or region, the organisers may make the determination to postpone or run the event online. Delegate bookings and sponsor inclusions automatically transfer to the new event.
IEC collects and stores personal information from you including:
- Contact information
- Communication preferences & interactions with us
This information is stored in our secure database.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Fulfill our obligations as event organisers and communicate regarding the event(s) you are attending
- Promote future events and services offered by IEC which we believe will be of interest to you.
- Conduct ongoing research and product development
Besides our staff, we share limited information with:
- Certain high level sponsors of events you attend. Full contact details (ie address, email and phone numbers) are only shared when we have collected your express permission through the registration process or through our event app.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact IEC at email@example.com, or
+64 9 912 3616, or
PO Box 31506,