Downstream is going ahead as planned on Tuesday and Wednesday and we look forward to a fascinating and useful two days in Wellington.
For those concerned about COVID-19, Conferenz and Freeman (the Organisers) have prepared the following update.
Currently, there are only a small number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 and no recognised community spread in New Zealand. We are monitoring advice from the Ministry of Health and WHO. We are closely listening to all Government announcements that may impact conference gatherings. If there are any public announcements that affect your attendance at Downstream, we will advise you immediately. Currently the Ministry recommends no change to public events. Downstream is going ahead as planned. Contingency plans are in place, however, if the event is disrupted.
Please consider the following before attending Downstream:
- If you, or someone in your household, has arrived from or transited through China, Iran, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore or Thailand in the last 14 days, or if you are experiencing a company travel ban, we kindly ask you to contact our office on +64 09 912 3616 about your attendance at the event. The latest information and advice from the Ministry of Health is here (https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus).
- If you have arrived into the country after midnight 15 March 2020, the Government requires you to self isolate and thus you may not attend the conference.
- If you feel unwell: with flu or cold like symptoms (e.g. fever) or have respiratory issues (e.g. difficulty breathing), you must not attend the conference. We ask you to consult your local Doctor or the Healthline.
- Practice effective hygiene and cough/sneeze practice here (hyperlink this link https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-face-mask-and-hygiene-advice)
- Wearing of face masks: current medical advice on wearing face masks is conflicting and the most reputable advice is that unless masks are high-grade prophylactic fitted surgical masks, they will have next to no protective qualities.
- Cleaning and sanitation: We have worked with our venues to ensure their health and safety procedures are best practice and are being followed and we are ensuring extra measures, including hand sanitiser supplies etc are provided in the venues we use.
- Practice social distancing: we recommend that you do not shake hands, hug or hongi during the conference.
Livestream - For those registered delegates that cannot attend due to company travel bans etc, we will be live-streaming the plenary sessions of Downstream. You an access the livestream through a link on our Event Mobi-site.
Kind regards, the Downstream Team.
Conferenz website link - https://www.conferenz.co.nz/COVID-19-Updates